Haul road condition monitoring and reporting software
Haul road and tyre maintenance is an essential part of effective hauling practice on any mine, providing huge benefit when implemented correctly, but conventionally requiring significant resources to govern and execute adequately.
The DASMetrics tool implemented on site can simplify road maintenance considerably, assure good governance and scheduling, and can be used to manage work orders for road construction teams.
It enables quantitative measurement of performance through good estimates of road conditions and rolling resistance, which is then translated into an outlined impact on fuel consumption, tyre life, water consumption (for treated and treatable roads) and productivity as compared to well-maintained roads.
DASMetrics software has been developed in conjunction with industry-leading experts who specialise in enhancing mine productivity. It incorporates a scientific auditing process designed to ensure the continuous improvement of haul road quality, actively allowing mines to achieve long-term haul road optimisation as well as reduce the costs of haul road ownership.
Using state of the art technology, the system remotely monitors, captures and reports on defects found on haul roads. The system is customised for each mine site and provides a real time web based dashboard which allows users access to haul road conditions and reporting data at the push of a button.
The report shows a clear picture of the state of every haul road throughout a mine site. Management can then use the system to assign repair tasks to workers.
The real power of DASMetrics is derived from the algorithms built into the system that quantify the true value of the haul road conditions observed and the subsequent impact of road quality on fuel usage, tyre life and productivity.
Key Features and Benefits of using DASMetrics
- A method for auditing and surveying road defects quantitatively as a roughness defect score to be translated into effective rolling resistance
- The ability to identify localised road defects together with the ability to classify defects in terms of type, size and extent (different defect types have different cost impacts on road use)
- The ability to assess the impact and productivity and operational cost when the defects are combined (the combination of types and sizes of defects determines the maintenance strategy)
- Automatic and/or user friendly maintenance workflow management systems and processes
- Quantitative information such as productivity and operational costs and safety and environmental issues to enable appropriate management decisions
A full range of proven solutions
With well over 30 years of global research and refinement to rely on, Dust-A-Side has everything it takes – the experience, the personnel and in particular the products – to provide quantifiable results on every level.
Dust-A-Side have a complete range of dust suppression products to provide the most operationally and cost effective solution across any operation.
They can be used – effectively and economically – in a wide range of applications such as semi-permanent roads, temporary roads, underground work areas, laydown facilities, exposed areas, stockpile/ embankment areas, veneering and construction areas.
Our products include bitumen and polymer based emulsions, as well as organic binders, surfactant technologies and a range of blended products. Each product is designed and developed to perform a specific task and can be applied in different ways to achieve your desired outcomes.
For more information about any of our proven products, simply call us on 12 648 8900.